Vehicle InfoVehicle Info

Change of Address

How to apply for a address change in a registration certificate of a vehicle?

RC Status
Change of Address

The Motor Vehicle Act 1988 gives provision to apply for recording a change of residence address of registered owner in the certificate of registration of the motor vehicle.

Procedure for the change of address

  • Apply for recording the change in residence (within 14 days of address changed) in the certificate of registration of a motor vehicle of the registered owner of the vehicle in Form No. 33.
  • Pay appropriate fee as specified in rule 81 of the Central Motor Vehicle Rules 1989.

Requirements for the change of address

  • Application in Form No. 33.
  • Certificate of registration.
  • Proof of new address.
  • Valid insurance certificate.
  • Pollution under control certificate.
  • No Objection Certificate from financier (in case of hypothecation).
  • Smart card fee.
  • Copy of PAN card of Form No. 60 and Form No. 61 (as applicable)
  • Chassis & Engine pencil print.
  • Signature Identification of owner.