How To Get a NOC - Guide

If the owner desires to remove or sell his vehicle outside the jurisdiction of the registering authority within or outside the State then the owner shall file the application for issue of clearance certificate with the registering authority where the vehicle is registered.


• Apply for no objection certificate under section 48 in in Form 28 to the registering authority by which the vehicle was previously registered

• In the case of a transport vehicle, furnish additional documentary evidence (permit surrender, challan clearance, tax clearance, fitness clearance)

• Pay the due taxes on vehicle, if any

• Pay appropriate fee as specified in Rule 81 of the Central Motor Vehicle Rules 1989

Docs Required:

• Application in Form 28

• Certified copy of the certificate of registration

• Certified copy of the certificate of insurance

• Evidence of payment of motor vehicle tax up-to-date

• Pollution under control certificate

• Chassis and Engine Pencil Print*

• Signature Identification of owner*